Version note of IC40

brucehenson

Gold Supporter
Nov 27, 2018
Taylors/SC
Our pool is one year old however the IC40 has a date of 10/19/2015 and REV:3050. Is this not the current Version 3.1?

I'm getting the red Low Salt light even though my Taylor salt test says 3800. Yesterday I added 40 lb. of salt, still red. Today I powered everything off, removed and inspected the cell, powered it all back up and still red.

Reading old posts I noted the System Status Mode by holding the More button, this doesn't work for me so I snapped a photo of the sticker on the bottom and noticed the date and REV:3050.

Version 3.1 on adds the ability to determine system temperature. Pressing the “More” button after the display shows 1,000s of hours of usage, will show temperature with V3.1.

Your cell should display 1,000s of hours of usage after the lights blink when you hold down the More button.

Thanks, I'm not sure which version I have. I couldn't get to display hours of usage, the system just blinked a lot and then went back to normal display with the red low salt light. Maybe that's because I have less than 1000 hours of usage???

At any rate I'll be asking the pool builder why they installed a three year old model!

Hold down the MORE button until the lights begin blinking and release it. When the lights stop blinking the % LEDs show the usage briefly then go back to normal display.

If your usage display is the same as your % output setting it will look like nothing new is being displayed. Set the % so no LEDs are displayed and then the usage lights become clearer.

My cell with a 2012 date code displays it.

Thanks for your help. Maybe I have less than 1,000 hours on it. I run at 40% 24/7 which I would expect to have over 2,000 hours.

I'm still interested in which version I have. I would have no problem with a new in box 3 year old CURRENT model, I'll be unhappy if its not the most recent release.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.