Venting Stenner Tank

runboy

Jun 26, 2018
Mesa/AZ
What is the best way to vent my Stenner Acid and Chlorine tanks?
I initially used my pump line fail/overflow line in my chlorine setup as vent, but given that my pumps are enclosed in a box, It makes for a very corrosive environment.
This I especially discovered when I set up my acid setup.
I’m also concerned about my chems evaporating through the overflow lines.
So now I’m going to change my setup to have my overflow lines go to a third/fourth tank instead and put some kind of one way vent on my acid and chlorine tanks.
What is the preferred method?

What ever you do you should not allow acid and chlorine be together with out LOTS of ventilation! They do NOT play well together. The fumes can mix together and cause a toxic vapor. I would think about moving the acid tank out as acid does not react to heat or sun like chlorine does.

Your concern is definitely valid and I will probably move the acid tank next time it needs to be refilled.
I’m not too concerned about the venting. After I eliminated the vent on the acid tank I’ve seen no pressure buildup whatsoever.
They are both sitting outside, so there is plenty of ventilation given the very small amount of vapors.

I see your concerns Runboy. I have had my set up for 3 months now and still have not added a return line. The reason is because i do not want those chlorine fumes inside the pump head. My tank is buried outside the area of the equipment pad and the venting is only around the area where i drilled a hole for the 1/4" suction line. I did not seal it but it is a tight fit. Must work ok as i have had no issues with the Stenner being able to suck. I as you will be installing a smaller tank that i will use as a return.
I think any air leak into the storage tank is enough to keep the Stenner from trying to collapse it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.