Mr mikeb

May 6, 2023
Bedford Va 24523
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have seemed to have a problem with sucking air , it’s in the pump beteeen basket and pump seems when not running leaks quite bad when running no leaks but air. After writing this realize I need tp
Fix the problem . Ok . Now is there a way to release air without removing top of pump with a vent lock of sorts

Now is there a way to release air without removing top of pump with a vent lock of sorts
Air trapped in the system is typically released at the filter. In most filters there is an air relieve valve, or it's incorporated as part of the pressure gauge. Some sand filters do not have a separate air relief. You can post a pic of your filter if you aren't sure. Your signature is blank so we don't know what equipment you have on the pad.

Air trapped in the system is typically released at the filter. In most filters there is an air relieve valve, or it's incorporated as part of the pressure gauge. Some sand filters do not have a separate air relief. You can post a pic of your filter if you aren't sure. Your signature is blank so we don't know what equipment you have on the pad.
You right but I have a sand filter and don’t have any vent that I know of even hook in a different canister filter pump to help boost pressure. I’ll take pics this morning the pump in question is older and there’s a prong between basket and pump and from there idk I’ve fixed it before but seems to want to leak anyways, then it sucks air and I have to bleed it all the time. Pool is shut off now cause to much wasted water

Not a prong it’s a stark pump says 1.5 hp 3400gph but not even close to that pressure so I hooked in a booster pump from a older canister filter pump seems to help but still have air and leak just thought got to be better way

Not a prong it’s a stark pump says 1.5 hp 3400gph but not even close to that pressure so I hooked in a booster pump from a older canister filter pump seems to help but still have air and leak just thought got to be better way
There’s a clip between filter basket and pump when you pull it can take basket off and get to the screws that hold a oring there’s a flat on o ring I’ve fixed I thought before but still wants to leak is it pressure causing it to leak from this area

I have seemed to have a problem with sucking air , it’s in the pump beteeen basket and pump seems when not running leaks quite bad when running no leaks but air. After writing this realize I need tp
Fix the problem . Ok . Now is there a way to release air without removing top of pump with a vent lock of sorts

Attachments

• IMG_3757.jpeg
    IMG_3757.jpeg
    594.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3754.jpeg
    IMG_3754.jpeg
    424.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3753.jpeg
    IMG_3753.jpeg
    791.5 KB · Views: 4
Okay, so your set-up doesn't appear to have an air relief valve, and that okay. Air is expected to just get pushed out to the return jet. It looks like you have two filters being used right? The original (small) Intex cartridge filter and then the sand filter. If you hear an air leak or see water coming out at the pump, make sure the O-ring under the clear lid is lubed well with pool silicone. If there is water leaking from the bottom of the pump somewhere, that could be a different problem. Of course sometimes those hose clamps come loose or get worn, so you have to check those as well.

Everytime i startup pool it has air in it , I believe the pump and strainer basket is out dated. . I’ve found a suction side leak and fix it temporary can’t find parts for a permanate fix. Can I add a vent I can open up to bleed air out when needed . Thanks and yes I know should fix leak but pump is working for now and would rather just add a vent

Besides that it’s going pretty good have these tiny bubbles attaching to liner and don’t see a problem only water is a little hard and alkalinity is low beside that we had a lot of rain and I vacuumed and shocked it so all good after I bleed air out

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay, so your set-up doesn't appear to have an air relief valve, and that okay. Air is expected to just get pushed out to the return jet. It looks like you have two filters being used right? The original (small) Intex cartridge filter and then the sand filter. If you hear an air leak or see water coming out at the pump, make sure the O-ring under the clear lid is lubed well with pool silicone. If there is water leaking from the bottom of the pump somewhere, that could be a different problem. Of course sometimes those hose clamps come loose or get worn, so you have to check those as well.
I can’t vent it have to keep me asking the lid off basket at pump , and know it’s not a good thing for o keep doing eventually will break that way

Radiant sand filter at 20” round and no vent or gauge is broke and full of water, junk. But have to add a vent

Mike, if you are still getting air in the pump, I would recommend looking at our suction laek page below. It may hemp you find the area where air is getting in to your system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.