Varsity Football Team All Month Equals High CC's 😳

Will the introduction of UV into my pool water be the same as sunlight?
Sort of.
Will I need to raise my CYA, or begin treating my water as though it gets sunlight?
You can control the amount of UV and only use it as needed.

The more you use it, the higher your CYA should be.

Even for an indoor pool, about 30 ppm of CYA is a good choice.

If you add UV, maybe go to 40 ppm CYA.

The more you use it, the higher your CYA should be.

Even for an indoor pool, about 30 ppm of CYA is a good choice.

If you add UV, maybe go to 40 ppm CYA.
I do keep CYA at 30 now. Sounds like there is not a way to measure how much UV I'm using? So, how much would be enough to bump it to 40? For someone that is comfortable with the predictability of numbers, the guessing game makes me a bit nervous.

Sounds like there is not a way to measure how much UV I'm using? So, how much would be enough to bump it to 40? For someone that is comfortable with the predictability of numbers, the guessing game makes me a bit nervous
As a group so focused on proving outcomes through reliable testing, we are no fans of UV for this reason. (And others) Somewhere in the system a 'green light' will claim its working but other than that, there's no way to tell.

But for indoor pools and hot tubs that spend most of their life covered, they are likely better than nothing for help burning off CCs.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.