Various SWG questions

Scotland

Oct 1, 2019
Memphis, TN
Hi all.

I balanced my pool at the weekend to the point that I finally got my salt up to the required level for the SWG to start working.
This is the first time I've used it so I've got a few questions if you don't mind.

1) The manual says that the ideal salt level is 3000, but the SWG itself says it is 3600. I am currently at 3200. Is that OK or should I keep adding salt?

2) The manual says that to see how many hours it has used I should hold the MORE button and the % lights will flash to indicate this. However when I do it all the lights flash and it appears to reset? Am I doing something incorrectly?

3) The CELL light was not coming on, so I took the SWG out and sprayed it down. The light then came on. This morning the light was back off. I did what I mention in question 2 and the light came back on again? Do you think this is an issue or should I give it an acid bath?

4) The manual said to start the % at 60% and see what happens. Overnight my FC went from 9.5 to 13.5 so I've turned it down to 10%. Should I put it at a different level, or maybe turn it off until the FC drops to the desired level?

3200 ppm salinity is fine. That is where mine is normally.
I suspect it is less than 20% used. How old is the SWCG?
Remember, the CELL light goes off when the SWCG is not generating. At your 60% setting, the unit is on for 180 second and off 120 seconds. The cycle time is 300 seconds or 5 minutes.
Do not acid clean a SWCG unless there is substantial scale in it that you can not spray out with a hose. Each acid clean substantially reduces the life of the SWCG.
I would leave it at your 10% and test your FC in a day or two. You can use PoolMath to see how much FC your SWCG is generating for your pool size each day. Right now you are probably using 2-3 ppm FC each day.

Salt cell was replaced spring 2019 according to the old owners, so only really used for about 5-6 months.
Ah, I didn't know that about the light being off when it is not generating. That explains that!

Thanks again.

My FC level has dropped to 5 now which is great, although the pump wasn’t running for 24 hours due to construction work we had going on so still not 100% on the salt cell%...will keep monitoring.

My salt level has appeared to jump from 3200 to 3800 though, in 3 days.
Is that expected? Should I retest?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.