variable vs single speed

@Giri Where are your circuit breakers now that power the pump, blower, lights?
I am making the assumption that your new AquaLink cabinet will not contain circuit breakers but want to confirm that. You must have a sub panel with circuit breakers

Your pump should be on constant power by hooking it up to the line 1 and Line 2 terminals on the pump/filter HP relay. The Heater will have its power connected to the Load 1 and 2 of the pump/filter HP relay.
The blower will most likely be connected to the Load Side of Relay 1 and the pool lights will be connected to Relay 2 and spa lights to Relay 3. This still will give you one more relay extra.

Your existing PDA can connect to the PCB if you wish. It will require the existing antenna to be connected to the PCB as the PDA only talks to that antenna so you would have 2 antennas - one for the PDA and one for the web linking to phone app and PC.
Some people have kept the PDA connected if you like to have the kids or a guest be able to turn on or off lights, switch between SPA or Pool mode or turn on or off heater, etc. You would not use the PDA to program or set schedules as that is much easier on the PC interface.

Reactions: Giri
@Giri Where are your circuit breakers now that power the pump, blower, lights?
I am making the assumption that your new AquaLink cabinet will not contain circuit breakers but want to confirm that. You must have a sub panel with circuit breakers

Your pump should be on constant power by hooking it up to the line 1 and Line 2 terminals on the pump/filter HP relay. The Heater will have its power connected to the Load 1 and 2 of the pump/filter HP relay.
The blower will most likely be connected to the Load Side of Relay 1 and the pool lights will be connected to Relay 2 and spa lights to Relay 3. This still will give you one more relay extra.

Your existing PDA can connect to the PCB if you wish. It will require the existing antenna to be connected to the PCB as the PDA only talks to that antenna so you would have 2 antennas - one for the PDA and one for the web linking to phone app and PC.
Some people have kept the PDA connected if you like to have the kids or a guest be able to turn on or off lights, switch between SPA or Pool mode or turn on or off heater, etc. You would not use the PDA to program or set schedules as that is much easier on the PC interface.
I never observed before. I see this panel there. So circuit breaker is external to z4. Let me know if it looks right for my setup. I will ask him to make PDA to work. Glad to know I have one relay free.

1698352491142.jpeg

I never observed before. I see this panel there. So circuit breaker is external to z4. Let me know if it looks right for my setup. I will ask him to make PDA to work. Glad to know I have one relay free.

View attachment 537547
Thanks. What you have should be a direct hook up to a new AquaLink cabinet.
The existing Z4 has a filter pump relay and 3 additional relays which was sufficient for your needs so the RS-4 is fine.
The only difference on the filter pump relay is that you want the pump to be connected to the LINE 1 and 2 - the same terminals that the power from the pump circuit breaker will be connected. This will give constant power to the pump. But the pump will be controlled by the RS485 cable that goes from the pump to the RED connector on the new PCB. This is that connector where the antenna is connected to in the picture below. On the new PCB there are 2 RED connectors, so you can connect 4 devices, 2 per connector. you will have 3 devices - the pump, the new antenna for the iAquaLink and the existing antenna for the PDA.
If you have the actual model number of the new pump, we can review the documentation online to confirm.

The picture below is the Z4 but the pump is a single speed which requires it to be connected to the LOAD 1 and 2 terminals.
IMG_0407.png

Reactions: Giri
Our installer finally installed a 1.85hp pump and RS4 system yesterday. Glad now I can control with wifi and the installer is experienced and completed in 3 hours without any issues. I see the system status as Jandy ePUMP running RPM at 2240 (watts 446). He set up one touch for 'spa mode'. When I activated it, I saw spa mode with lights on, the spa heater running at 100 F and only I had to run the blower from the equipment list. This is the first time I got into the spa as it is easy to operate. The pump is quiet and happy with everything. Appreciate everyone's help.

1698954945075.jpeg

1698954983107.jpeg

1698955447293.jpeg

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.