Variable Speed Pump--which one?

snuggler

Dec 6, 2021
Newark, New Jersey
I have a 23k gallon vinyl liner pool, and am installing a SWCG and a variable pump this year.

The pool guy I use to open and close my pool is providing me estimates for the Hayward 1.65hp MaxFlo VS or the Hayward 1.85hp TriStar VS.

Between these two, which one would you choose? Is the more expensive one worth it?

I have a 23k gallon vinyl liner pool, and am installing a SWCG and a variable pump this year.

The pool guy I use to open and close my pool is providing me estimates for the Hayward 1.65hp MaxFlo VS or the Hayward 1.85hp TriStar VS.

Between these two, which one would you choose? Is the more expensive one worth it?
Tri-Star 1.85. Bigger pump can be slowed for more energy savings. TriStar moves more water than the MaxFlo (and I've installed several of both) for the same energy cost, or moves the same water for less cost.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.