CircuPool Core-55
Hello,
My setup:
24,000 gallon in ground
Circupool core 55 swg
Raypak 300k BTU gas heater
Hayward Max Flo 2HP pump
Dolphin Active 30 robot vacuum

I am a new pool owner and would like to swap out the single speed pump with a variable speed. Ideally, I would be able to run it 24 hours a day at a low speed and then put the heater on a simple on/off timer I can control over wifi. The swg does not need a timer since it has flow detection.

How can I tell if a pump will fit without replumbing? I have 220v and 1.5” pipes connected to my current pump and was thinking about buying the Harris ProForce 1.5 HP Variable Speed pump.

I don’t have any waterfalls and I plan on using the robot for vacuuming, so I don’t think I need a lot of max power.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP :)

You really do need a timer for the SWG, the flow detection is a backup..

Give Inyo a call and ask if you can upgrade your pump to a VS V green motor.. They have a 1.65 hp and a 2.7 hp.. You may need to change the impeller on your pump but that is way cheaper and easier than buying and installing a new pump :)

Get a rebuilt kit and a salt or SCS seal for your pump..

Attachments

• Use-The-Right-Seal-For-Your-Pool-and-Spa-Pumps.pdf
    311.1 KB · Views: 5
Thanks. I contacted Inyo and they said I can use either the 1.65 HP or 2.7 HP motor as a replacement in my Hayward Max Flo.

Couple of more questions:
1) Which size (1.65 HP or 2.7 HP)? I have 1.5" pipes. Not sure if I need the higher HP.

2) Does it make sense to run at 24 hours a day at low speed? I have the heater connected to the timer with the pump right now. The SWG is not on the timer, but I can easily switch the wiring to be on the timer. It seems the heater ideally would get shut off 30 minutes before the pump stops running. My timer does not have a fireman switch, so I'd have to upgrade my timer to do this. This is part of the reason I'd like to be able to just run the pump 24 hours a day.

Some run 24/7, I only run about 12 hours.. It depends is the answer...

You want to run the VS at a speed that skims your pool 12/24 hours does not matter... You will also need a speed to run the SWG.. and also another speed to run the heater.. each has different flow requirements and you don't want to run 24/7 at the heater requirements..

The 1.65 you can set the 3 speeds on hours.. So you could do this.. start at 800 rpm and take it up 100 rpm until it skims the pool, that is speed set 1 ( I use 800)... now turn on the SWG and do the same, start at 800 rpm and take it up 100 rpm until the SWG turns on, add 200 rpm and that is speed 2... Do the same for the heater but the heater is going to be up there around 2000 rpm or so and that is speed 3...

Then you set the hours you want for each speed to equal 24 hours....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.