Variable FC

I think you missed my point. The lowest speed uses 21 watts but the SWG isn't generating while the VSP uses 78 watts when the SWG is generating. 57 watts doesn't sound like much especially compared to 1230 watts at full speed but it adds up to 144 kW/hr of electricity.
How is your skimming doing at the lowest speed?If there is barely any movement then as cheap as 21 watts may sound, it is a waste of electricity.
Also, your calcs seem to be off, a 57 watt difference comes to about 42 kwh per month, not sure how you came up with 144kwh.

How is your skimming doing at the lowest speed?If there is barely any movement then as cheap as 21 watts may sound, it is a waste of electricity.
Also, your calcs seem to be off, a 57 watt difference comes to about 42 kwh per month, not sure how you came up with 144kwh.

Right now I don't worry about skimming since the solar cover on the water surface prevents skimming. The math was a rough estimate. It was 14 hours per day x 180 days x 57 watts. I'm running the VSP at a higher speed for 10 hours per day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.