Valve repair question

Mar 26, 2016
Corinth, Texas
The valve farthest to the bottom / left has some aging cracks in it and is leaking. This is on the suction side. How do I replace one valve without replacing all four because they are all plumbed together as you can see

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpeg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 10
How long do you think the other valves are going to last? Do you think it might be a good idea to replace them all? The valve that's cracked, is it on the top cover or on the body?

I'm guessing by the time you fix and replace one, others will start to go also. It might be best just to cut all of them at equal lengths on the downpipes, take the manifold to the workbench, and recreate from there.

Curious, what are all of the suction valves for?

You might be able to remove the fittings between the broken valve and the one next to it by heating the fitting and peeling it off. Check out this article. I have not done it myself. I still can't see a way around having to cut out the entire manifold to make the repair.

Pool has 3 skimmers, bottom drain and a spa drain. The valves plumbed for each of the 3 skimmers flow to be adjusted and one valve for the spa drain
Does it work for you? It seems like it would be difficult to adjust. Seems like each valve would affect suction of the others.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support