Nc
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hi all, I had a pool company replace my drain valve. Unfortunately it continued to leak. I decided to take a look and found they had gotten glue on the diverter and in the valve opening.

I replaced the diverter but still leaked. I then tried to scrape the glue from the inside wall of the valve, where the diverter sits against. Got a lot off. Unfortunately it is still leaking. Unsure if I should see if there is more glue to remove or what.

Any advice on what to try, I am trying to avoid replacing the entire valve again.

The pool company that did the work won’t come back to fix.

Any input is appreciated.

Attachments

• 1BCA3C3D-8374-4E9D-B687-B4EEF4F6AF86.jpeg
    1BCA3C3D-8374-4E9D-B687-B4EEF4F6AF86.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 12
  • 90117408-4F77-47FE-A8CC-B5CF46F07066.jpeg
    90117408-4F77-47FE-A8CC-B5CF46F07066.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 12
Not sure what you can do in this case. Get as much glue off as you can from the body and see how it holds. You can try just replacing the insides.

Thanks for responding. How do you replace the insides? That part appears to be glued in. Is there any solvent which may remove this glue?

Thanks.

Replacing the insides only helps if you can restore the value body. That 2nd picture you posted is what I was referring to. What does this valve divert water to? These types of valves frequently aren't entirely water tight between outputs so a little leakage is ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.