Vacuuming Problems

Jun 21, 2014
Wantagh
Hi,

I'm having a problem all the sudden with my filter. I have an abouve ground pool, with a Hayward Cartridge filter. Anway, I've been vacuuming almost weekly with no problems. This past weekend all the sudden when i go to connect the hose to the skimmer the suction completely stops immediately. So I try a few times and figure there must be a hole somewhere in the hose. But yesterday I bought a new hose and its the same thing. After doing some reading the only causes I find is that there has to be some kind of air getting into the pump somewhere, maybe the O-ring needed to be replaced. But I'm confused about that because I would think then the filter would have a suction problem ALL the time, not just when i attach the hose. It's otherwise working as good as ever. But once I attach the hose, the suction completely stops. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Kevin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.