Vacuum solutions

Jun 5, 2016
Matawan nj
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
I’m wondering if someone may have a suggestion for me. I have a decent amount of algae settled at the bottom of my pool but since I have poor suction from my skimmer I can’t use my robot vacuum to clean it. I’ve called 5 pool companies already but I can’t find anyone who’s willing to clean the pool for me. 3 of the companies didn’t even return my call. My only option is a battery powered vacuum (essentially a dust buster for the pool) but not only will that take forever, but the vacuum also blows out the sides which clouds up the debris and I can’t see what I’m cleaning, if anything. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Maybe I can rent a good electric vacuum that uses a separate power source? I live in central NJ.
Thank you.

-Algae..... you have a chemistry problem, I take it. What's the plan to fix that?
-Robots don't use skimmers. It sounds to me like you have pressure side vac of some sort. Does it help to alter valves to increase the suction on the skimmer?
-The best thing for you to do while you work on the algae chemistry problems is to brush, brush, brush and get that up into circulation so that your filter might trap some.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Tbone2087
Yes, it could certainly be a leak, and sure it might be the cause of the weak suction.

What are you doing to kill the algae? Even though you're finding dead algae, there is still live algae in the water if you haven't done a SLAM process to slay that beast.
SLAM Process

Do you have enough suction at the skimmer to vacuum the old fashioned manual way? That is going to be your cheapest option- the vac head attachments are generally around $30

As mentioned above need to fix your chemistry

A56D4B65-F086-415C-BDD3-FB4CAE3B2851.jpeg

Yes, it could certainly be a leak, and sure it might be the cause of the weak suction.

What are you doing to kill the algae? Even though you're finding dead algae, there is still live algae in the water if you haven't done a SLAM process to slay that beast.
SLAM Process
I did a cycle of shock and some “green to clean” from Leslie’s pools. That cleared up the algae and left me with plenty of sand-like stuff on the bottom of the pool. It’s cleared up considerably but still cloudy. More importantly i noticed water leaking from under the motor. Right where it attaches to the filter basket section. I just replaced the motor so i can assume that it wasn’t attached properly. Is there any solution you can think of besides removing and replacing the motor? I have no electrical skills and I’m worried I’ll make it worse if i remove the motor. I wish we could attach videos so i could show you the leak Thank you

If motor is new it probably does not need replacing. If a company installed the replacement motor recently, contact them and tell them the situation. May just need a new rubber seal or silicone type sealant where motor is bolted to basket section. Also, check the seal on your strainer basket lid for small cracks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.