Vacuum hose will not fit skimmer

benavidescj

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2010
Fleming Island, FL
Hi all... I bought a new 1.5 inch diameter vacuum hose since my old one broke. When I got it I noticed that the skimmer side would just slide right down into the hole. So I measured the skimmer hole as best as I could and it measures about 2 inches inside diameter and the ID has threads. So I thought that I needed a 2 inch hose. I order the 2 inch commercial hose plus a 2 inch to 1.5 inch swivel for the vacuum head. When I try to slip the cuff into the hole it is slightly too big plus the hose 2 inch diameter seems like over kill. I am going to return it. So my problem is that I don't know what to get to fit into the skimmer so it does not slide down into the hole. Seems like I need a 1.5 inch hose cuff that has a shoulder larger than 2 inches. Please help.

Skimmer plates come in a handful of common sizes and theyre pretty easy to tell that the 8 inch one doesnt fit your 6 3/4 skimmer basket when ordering. I prefer them to shoving the hose down the skimmer because it keeps the larger debris away from the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.