vaccuum cleaner

Giri

Silver Supporter
Oct 21, 2021
tampa,fl
I am planning to buy a vacuum cleaner. Pinch a Penny recommended buying Polrais 7240. I am evaluating Dolphin as given here(DOLPHIN Nautilus CC Robotic Pool [Vacuum] Cleaner - Ideal for Above/In Ground Swimming Pools up to 33 Feet - Powerful Suction to Pick up Small Debris - Easy to Clean Top Load Filter Basket).

It will lower my cost per month by $20 to pay to a service company. I want to buy a vacuum to use as easy as possible. Our pool is in the screened room in Tampa, Florida. It does not get any leaves or dirt.

Appreciate any input.

Pool.jpeg/gp/product/B01N78IVWJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A3N0LFM77402&psc=1

Last edited:
There are many satisfied Maytronics robot owners here at TFP. Search the forum for reviews and preferred models. Expect your large shallow shelf to require hand brushing as most auto cleaners will not operate well there.

Check this out....

I have the nautilus cc - it only has 1 brush & just goes up to the waterline & back down but it does a good job on my vinyl lined pool.
With a plaster pool with a waterline tile You may want one w/ 2 brushes that also does the waterline (goes sideways along the waterline) such as the s200 line & above or the active 20& above models
There are approximately 53 choices which come with varying degrees of bells & whistles you may or may not want/need. As well as different accompanying price points.
in the filter menu under robot features select - floors,walls, & waterline

Reactions: Hal3 and Newdude
If the cable length of the vacuum cleaner is not long, can I use an extension cable? My pool cleaning person says my pool is always clean. He does vacuum once a month though I have the service to vacuum everytime. is it overkill to use Robo cleaner? At the same time, I want to use one easy to use. Not sure how difficult to connect to vacuum port. He had told me that I can use vaccum port or skimmer port.

Robots do not attach to vacuum ports, they do need an electrical receptacle near the pool and have a long cable that connects the pool bot to the control box near the plug. You will also need to remove and clean the filters on the robot if used regularly.
If your pool is clean enough with your once a month service then perhaps you don't need one, your decision. Call Marina Pool at the above link if you want specific advice about available robots and your pool system.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Is there any online dealers or local in Tampa Florida that can give decent price? Any recommendation on the following as they have rebate?

I called Marina pool, did not get response. Apprecite it. Pinch a penny is cleaning my pool. They will lower by $20 per month if I have my own cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.