Vaccum plate gasket

amin36

In The Industry
Nov 24, 2017
shahsavar
Guys

As i was searching the web trying to get some information about vacuuming using skimmer i found this website below:

They are using a special gasket for sealing skimmer basket to vacuum plate for a better suction.i think it is a good idea.

Since i am not living in US and can't buy this gasket from them (it is only for sale In US) does anybody know what is the material of this gasket?

Or what are other alternatives for such a purpose?

Thank you

Rubber, soft plastic and even cork would probably do the trick. You don't really need much and I suspect it doesn't really add much to the suction since the effect area of the leaks that bypass the hose would be so small compared to the hose hole that it shouldn't really amount to much. Honestly, I think it is more marketing BS than anything else.

Reactions: amin36
Rubber, soft plastic and even cork would probably do the trick. You don't really need much and I suspect it doesn't really add much to the suction since the effect area of the leaks that bypass the hose would be so small compared to the hose hole that it shouldn't really amount to much. Honestly, I think it is more marketing BS than anything else.
Thanks Mark

They are claiming without a seal like that we are going to have a weak suction.
What is your experience?did you see people having trouble without a seal?

Not that I know of. I have not seen any posts regarding poor suction due to a poor seal. Mostly it is due to filters being dirty or valves in the wrong positions that causes weak suction.

The only way a poor seal could cause a weakened suction is that a LOT of water would need to bypass the hose. I think most vacuum plates are sufficient to prevent that from happening. So again, I think it is a solution in search of a non existent problem.

Have you tried a standard vacuum plate?

Reactions: amin36 and proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.