Jenkintown, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I’ve got a two week vacation coming up in August. I know a lot of people use trichlor to help out while they are gone. My usual diet is LC delivered via Stenner and I’m wondering how to adjust that downwards with trichlor floaters

Things to consider.
1) I can use poolmath easy enough to figure out how much ppm a puck adds. What I don’t know is how quickly it dissolves - which seems to be a multiday process. It also seems that’s got to depend on waterflow. 5 pucks in a floater probably goes more slowly than 5 pucks spread over 5 floaters.
2). Ph issues. I am coming off a replaster and my pool is taking 2-3 cups of MA every 2-3 days. I know the trichlor will help with this but don’t want to overshoot and make it too acidic.
3). Cya buildup isn’t a big issue. I am under 40 cya now and I drain a decent amount for winter closing
4) i have neighbors who will be checking in and testing every now and then. The less I have to ask them to add (especially MA) the better.

Any advice on how much trichlor to add and how long it will last is appreciated

First, if you have a Stenner dialed in, why would you need to supplement with tablets?

1) If you want to add a few, I would and just leave the Stenner dialed in how it is. The tablets are effectively a "back-up"
2) They won't, they do not dissolve very fast in the floaters

Basically as a backup and also to help with the acid demand to the extent that it does. My fc demand really varies with the weather. Also my tank is only 5 gallons. If i can supplement with trichlor thats got a better chance of lasting two weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.