Vac lock fitting

gescobar30

Aug 30, 2019
Miami
Hi guys,
I just purchased a home with a pool. First home with a pool for me. So forgive my ignorance. The pool has a missing vac lock fitting. I have gone to find a replacement at my local pool store and the 1.5 in size is to small to fit the wall fitting and a 2in size is to big. Is there a size in between? Is there an adaptor or something that i can purchase so that i can secure the hole? How do i know what brand of vac lock i should buy? Any tip or advise is appreciated thanks

Gus
Miami FL

Welcome to TFP.

Post a pic of where the “vac lock fitting “ is missing from. What size do you measure it is? What connects to it?

That looks like a black plug screwed into a return.

What is a “vac loc”?

Why do you think the pool was built to use that vac loc fitting? Why do you think it is missing? Sounds to me like it does not fit your pool.

Let's take a step back - what are you trying to accomplish with that fitting?

Ok the only reason why i am looking for that fitting is because i purchased the home. The pool has an open permit from 27 years ago. The inspector that came to see the pool to close the permit said that i needed to get that vac loc or just something to cover that hole. He was the one that called it a vac lock, i dont know anything about pools. Please help.

If that 2” pvc threaded cap works, keep it. My vacuum port is 1.5”ID. Id bet it’s threads are worn as to why it’s loose. I understand it’s necessary as if you accidentally knocked the valve and a suction accident happens. Yeah, maybe I should get one too.
I see this one, for $16. It really should fit. If it’s loose, wrap some teflon tape on the threads so it ‘bites’ into the interior port threads better. You’re right though, something should cover that wall suction port.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
PVC pipe is either 1.5" or 2". If 2" is too big then that pipe is 1.5". As Kevin suggested, take the 1.5" valve and wrap it as necessary with teflon tape to make it fit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.