V.Todd

V.Todd

Jul 8, 2019
Oxford, Mississippi
Good Morning,

A storm blew the cover and caps off of my (just installed last August & my first pool) 30' Round Above Ground Pool. We are in the process of getting the "green" out and balancing the chemicals. We have shocked the pool and put Fall Out to send the green to the bottom and are vacumming via the waste setting on the filter.
The TA is 80 ppm & pH is 8.2ppm..Pool Math Recommends adding 7.4 oz dry acid. Do you recommend any particular type. Also, Family Leisure gave me 5 lbs of Swim Clear Alkalinity Plus (Sodium Bicarbonate) will that lower the pH?
Should I be concerned with the Calcium Hardness? PM recommended is 0-650 & Ideal 50-550..mine shows 25ppm.

Thank you for your help and any suggestions welcome!!

Please brush up on the ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.

Alk plus will not lower the pH. We recommend using muriatic acid to lower the pH. Drop pH to 7.2 prior to starting the SLAM process.
Then follow theSLAM Process To clear the pool.
Which test kit are you using? You can ignore the calcium hardness (CH) while in the SLAM process. With a vinyl liner pool, CH isn’t too important. No need to add any right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.