UWF broken?

Mar 7, 2014
McKinney, TX
Attached is a picture of my UWF for my Polaris (not sure of the model number but similar to the TR-35 - I'm sure mine is just an older model). I noticed that my vacuum was not moving, then I noticed the water gushing from the side valve of the UWF. Then i found and retrieved from the bottom the little plug to the side in the picture. In my reading of the part, I see where it says I should remove the hose before backwashing. I didn't know this and have been backwashing about monthly for 6 years now without removing it. :( Do I just need to replace this piece (the UWF)? Is this something I can do pretty easily or should I take it to the pool store and let them fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_1603.jpg
    IMG_1603.jpg
    760.6 KB · Views: 12
The pressure relief valve is a common failure.

This should be the UWF...

The relief valve should unscrew from the UWF. You can remove the UWF from the hose by unscrewing the plastic nut and pulling the hose off the end.

The UWF with the pressure relief valve for less than the two pieces individually is at...

The hose nut looks like it has a crack in it and if you replace the UWF I would put a new nut on...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.