Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well, I've decided to drain my 14' BestWay and start fresh this season (tarp fell in, water's black, it's just yucky).

My question is: Given the scarcity of liquid chlorine this year, how do you use pucks to SLAM a pool? I know I'm going to have to, because I don't think there's going to be any way to get all the dirty water out.

I have twelve gallons of 10% liquid chlorine which may or may not be any good. I'm going to run through that first, and hope it has enough oomph to SLAM and sanitize. If it doesnt, I'll have to use the pucks I have (and I'll start with a low CYA to be safe).

Pucks aren't going to be much help really. They aren't designed to achieve the high/consistent FC you require for a SLAM (i.e. 12). The fact you are doing a drain first is very good news for you so that most of the work is already done. Just get everything clean you can get to and scrub, then once the pool is refilled, add stabilizer to a CYA of 30 and use that liquid chlorine to raise the FC to 12. There may only be some residual algae in the plumbing or filter, so I would think it shouldn't take too long.

I am with Pat! With you draining and staring over I am hopeful you will have enough liquid chlorine to take care of any left over stuff in the water. Good luck and let us see before and after pics so can cheer you on! :hug:

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.