Using more Liquid Chlorine than necessary to SLAM

Once the test sample changes from pink to clear (or white as you say) the test is over. If doing the CC test, do it immediately. If not, dispose of the sample.

Questions / Theories on maintaining FC SHOCK shock level while SLAMing.

I am assuming that the goal of SLAMing is to expose the ( "organics'' - algae ) - to a constant prolonged FC Shock level at which they become destroyed.

Lets assume that based on my current CYA 80 - I need a FC shock level of 31ppm.

If I am not worried about ruining the plaster or equipment ( i'm renting the house ) - and IF i were to dump even more LC than recommended even raising my FC Shock level double to what I need 62ppm instead of 31ppm recommended - would the extra LC in my pool act as a buffer against the sun in keeping the overall FC Shock level above the recommended 31ppm for LONGER period of time ? - This way I would save myself the hassle of constantly having to go out and dump the LC into the pool ?

If there is always chlorine burn-off during the day, then why not dump in much more LC and let it preserve the FC Shock level for a longer duration ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.