Using K-2006 First Time, Interpreting Results

Drew31

Aug 19, 2018
Southwest Indiana
First time using the test kit, just checking my logic based on my results.

Pool is ~24,000 gallons, Vinyl, Non-SWG, In-line Chlorinator, main Chlorine at the moment is Trichlor. We have an auto-cover so pool stays covered most of the time.

Results:
TA:130
pH: ~7.7 (I don't like the reds)
CYA: <30 (If I had to guess, probably between 20-30, but I definitely had to fill the tube to the very top and could still barely make out the dot
FC: ~4.0-5.0 (Lost count on the drops to be honest, and was getting hard for me to tell what defined "clear"
CC: Slight shade of pink, instant gone with one drop so not more than .5. Guess I could have done the .2 test looking back...
CH:<170 (Don't feel I did this one the best...starting not paying great attention after 10...)
Salt: Didn't test today.

Action:
All I did was top off the trichlor by adding 2 tablets. Chlorinator currently set on 2

Semi-concerned on the CC, but just going to play a wait and see right now. I had pool filter off last 24 hours to test for leak in main drain line.
TA tad high, pH at high end of range. Part of this was my fault miscalculating amount of Borax to add last week when I was on the other end of spectrum. Given the trichlor, I'm expecting it'll come back down soon enough.

Not bad. You're able to use the pucks since your CYA is at the minimum or close to it. A couple more pucks should get you close to 30. Season is almost over so probably no big risk there either. I don't like the pH reds either, but as long as you're in the 7s you should be okay. CH is not a real player for you with a vinyl pool unless it gets really high, so you're fine. Salt would be N/A. So just continue to watch the FC and pH for the next few weeks until closing. Keep FC balanced as noted on the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] and you should be okay.

Thanks both! I actually did the CYA test twice just to verify since I expected a higher number given the puck usage.

Like you said, season's almost over and my plan at the moment is to just bump my way through next month and then use winter to regroup and knowledge up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.