using chlorine tabs

I suggest you review Pool School - Trouble Free Pool
'Shocking' a pool is unnecessary. You maintain your FC based on your CYA level by adding chlorine every day or as needed to maintain the FC in the target level. The tablets will add chlorine but all add CYA.

I suggest you review Pool School - Trouble Free Pool
'Shocking' a pool is unnecessary. You maintain your FC based on your CYA level by adding chlorine every day or as needed to maintain the FC in the target level. The tablets will add chlorine but all add CYA.
thanks so much for the input. So you mean if I just use cal hypo power that comes in shock products to maintain the FC that should be enough? no need for those stabilized chlorine tabs then?

Cal hypo adds calcium. What is the CH of your pool water and fill water?
Best is to use liquid chlorine / bleach. Adds just water with chlorine. Solid forms of chlorine all add things that build up in the pool water.

Cal hypo adds calcium. What is the CH of your pool water and fill water?
Best is to use liquid chlorine / bleach. Adds just water with chlorine. Solid forms of chlorine all add things that build up in the pool water.

I tried to find some liquid chlorine on amazon, but didn't see very many options. do you have any suggestions on a good product? my CH is 267 ( I recently did 3-4 shock for a suspected algae problem)

Go to Home Depot. They sell liquid chlorine (10%). It is a 4 gal box for about $16 ($4/gal). Also Leslie's pool store has 12.5% LC but it is $22 for a 4gal box.
Not sure, if Pinch A penny Pool store is in the Dallas area. I have found they have the better deal on LC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.