Using an Pentair iChlor 30 below 20 GPM

j39x4

Mar 9, 2021
Southern California
I have a Pentair iChlor 30 and the manual says that its minimum flow rate is 20 gallons per minute. My pump will go down to 13-14 GPM and the curious thing is that my flow light stays green even at that low flow rate. If the SWG is still happy, is there any reason to keep my pump at a minimum of 20 GPM?

If the flow switch activates, you're good. Don't worry about GPM so long as the flow switch shuts the SWG off if you turn off the pump.

Those flow switches are not super accurate. I believe they can be triggered at flows down around 15GPM or less. The Pentair manually is probably just padding their “minimum” number to cover their posteriors … in general, given the amount of gas bubbles generated by a cell, you don’t want to generate at the lowest possible flow rate as it’s possible for the cell to develop a significant amount of gas. The 20GPM minimum probably has enough flow to move all the gas out of the cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.