Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
Hi,

I would like to reduce the amount of vibration from my pool pump, towards my concrete structure of the house to lower the noise.

I've bought already 2" thick rubber-cork-blocks on which I plan to place the pump. The problem I expect is, that even when the pump is sitting on rubber blocks the vibration is still the same in the 2" PVC pipes which go to the water reservoir and filter, so that I'll still have the vibration there - or maybe even more once the pump is sitting on the rubber blocks.

So I thought about using a hump hose which are used in boats and cars to reduce vibration, but they are normally attached to steel pipes where the clamps can be tightened super strong. I'm worried that they can just pop of the PVC and flood my basement.

Any experience, suggestions or thoughts why it's probably a bad idea?

18-07-_2020_12-41-43.jpg

Thanks,
Michael

Welcome to TFP.

I would use a length of schedule 40 flex pvc as a vibration isolator if necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.