Hchang

Sep 1, 2020
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Live in Texas. We have freezing temps not usually worried about that because we run our pump 24/7 and have freeze protect.

The problem. Our pool has ASR/concrete cancer. It’s a whole other disaster. The hot tub will not hold any water as of last September. We drained it and turned the manual valve off to the hot tub return. However we still have an electronic valve that opens and closes during freeze protect.

How do I turn off this electronic valve but still have freeze protect kick on and protect the pool.

Attached picture is our equipment. The far left red valve is turned off to the hot tub. You can see the black electronic valve just to the right of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    755.4 KB · Views: 9
The actuator has a toggle switch on the side where the middle position is OFF. Turn it off.

Also set Freeze Protect OFF for your SPA circuit in your Pentair panel.

The actuator has a toggle switch on the side where the middle position is OFF. Turn it off.

Also set Freeze Protect OFF for your SPA circuit in your Pentair panel.
Thank you! I didn’t realize there was a toggle. And I need to do both these steps?

I have barely ever touched the menu on the Pentair panel. Any chance you know the navigation steps to the spa circuit?

Thank you! I didn’t realize there was a toggle. And I need to do both these steps?

Not knowing all about your pool situation I say yes.

I have barely ever touched the menu on the Pentair panel. Any chance you know the navigation steps to the spa circuit?

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.