URGENT help needed...

readings as of today...

FC - 1.0 ppm (will be runnning SWG on "boost" tonight to bring up FC levels)
CC - 0.0
PH - 6.8 (dropped from 7.8)
Akalinity - 0 ppm (not sure what happened here)
CYA - 10 ppm - I currently have stabilizer in the pool in a nylon sock, however does not look like it has disolved much.

recommended by the pool place

add 3kg of trol to raise alkalinity.

any suggestions?

Cheers

Restest the TA (alkalinity) and pH once that stuff is circulated. Zero is a bad thing, for your pH will vary wildly with no TA.
pH at 6.8 could be way lower than that. I am suspicious of those numbers for I don't see why TA would go to zero. If you had your own test kit you would redo that once or twice to be sure.

You want the TA to be in range of 60 - 80.

Using Boost when your CYA is so low may be a waste of the cell. Go massage that sock to get the stabilizer into the water. What is the target CYA you expect from what you added to the pool? Keep that number in mind and in your notes, for it will not show up on test for a while, sometimes a long while, even though it should be there. So report " CYA test 10 ppm, added XX volume to get CYA to XX so many days ago" That helps us to keep track of the data for those of us just reading the posts.

thanks anonapersona

I will test with the test strips tonight, as that is all I have at the moment.

I to find the numbers a bit odd. I may take another sample to the other pool place and see if the numbers differ.

The target CYA is 30 - 60 ppm

My worry is if the TA is showing 0ppm and the test they did was wrong, by adding trol the TA will skyrocket and I am back to square one.

Cheers

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.