LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This week we’ve quietly made some changes to some of the backbone of TFP. One of these changes have been slightly altering our Recommended Levels. This winter a discussion between a few TFP Experts and Moderators occurred with the goal of making pool care easier and more efficient for our users. Along with their knowledge we did some analyzing of PoolMath data to make sure our goals something the majority of our users will find in their pools.

I invite you to take a look at the new levels and an updated page to help guide users with their pools.

If you notice these have also made their way into the newest PoolMath App update.......along with some warnings when you're outside of "boundaries." ;););)

It looks great:). I’d love to see the recommend normal and slam FC levels show up there as well. That could be done by asking for the CYA level at the same time as pool type and whether you use a SWG or not.

I really like this new tool. It should be quite helpful to everyone.

Maybe I should start a thread in the deep end, but I always wonder about the CYA recommendations. I'll be the first to admit my thinking may be whacky and I may not fully understand the science. It seems to me the farther you are from the equator, the less you need high CYA levels, regardless of SWG. Taking my thought a little further, the almost one-size-fits-all recommendation based on SWG yes or no might be one of the next levels to tweak.

Doesn't look like my app updated. Still showing the old CH recommended levels. Should it update automatically?

Doesn't look like my app updated. Still showing the old CH recommended levels. Should it update automatically?
On iOS, just search for the app in the app store and update manually. Probably similar for Android. Automatic updates depend on your device settings.

Reactions: Leebo
It looks great:). I’d love to see the recommend normal and slam FC levels show up there as well. That could be done by asking for the CYA level at the same time as pool type and whether you use a SWG or not.
For this functionality, go to your Pool Math app, select the overview page. The FC target for your current CYA will be there. When you click the purple FC, the next screen lets you toggle to see your personalized CYA-based SLAM level.

For this functionality, go to your Pool Math app, select the overview page. The FC target for your current CYA will be there. When you click the purple FC, the next screen lets you toggle to see your personalized CYA-based SLAM level.

That’s very cool, I didn’t even realize that was an option in the app. However, my comment was referring to the help page listed at the beginning of this thread. I think it could be valuable to see the FC target levels on that page. Right now it just has a link to the old CYA/FC chart.

But still, I learned something new today, so it’s a good day:)

Reactions: bmoreswim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We’ve actually tossed some plans for that page still, but had to kinda halt some spending to help prepare as we fully suspect people will be donating less........for a totally good reason too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.