UPDATED Pool to Automation, Salt, Heat, & open year around (knowledge deficit)

Jul 10, 2016
Raleigh
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I managed our simple vinyl pool manually for the prior 10 years in Raleigh NC. Due to age and issues, we updated our pool. In theory, automation is great; however, my experience with pool ownership has taught me to prevent problems by being educated on proper pool care/operations. The following changes were made (all Hayward): installed automation Omni PL , added gas heat, changed to salt via Turbo Cell S3, added H400FDP gas heater, switched to THP VS pump, Maytronic Dolphin Plus vac recent purchase, and open year around as opposed to summers onIy. Hayward offers classes for professionals in the industry but does not have education targeting the consumer. While my installer was great, he does not manage pools and recently switched to Hayward after dissatisfaction with other products. I need education that covers the following: equipment maintenance, management of year around pool needs (specifically over the winter); and insight into potential issues to new equipment malfunction. Are there any professionals in the area willing to provide home education or classes? I have so many questions. :)

Welcome to TFP.

Give us a try and ask your questions here. We can usually handle them. Pictures are often better then words.

You made a good selection in equipment.

Reactions: Sandra8787
Make sure when you setup the OmniLogic app on your phone to have your correct phone number and email address so you receive notifications from your OmniPL. Even though there is freeze protection your breakers could trip and you would not know what was going on unless you opened the app. Just happened to 2 people in 1 week.

Attachments

• IMG_9802.jpeg
    IMG_9802.jpeg
    557.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Sandra8787