Updated; <contract signed> Jumping in, well baby steps.....(picked the PB, on to the next steps)

Hi all, so I updated the size from 18x36 (662 Sq Ft & 110 Ln Ft) to 20' x 40' (871 Sq Ft & 124 Ln Ft). Attached is the pool market plan, to the left of line J will be 6' and to the right will be 3'5". Based on that any thoughts on us requiring to size up our equipment further? I was told the equipment was all oversized but what do I really know without the experts here!

- Jandy cartridge filter: CL340
- Self-priming Jandy pump; 2HP (looked into the VS pump but was told overkill w/ the infloor cleaning system and that I don't have any water features or spa)
- Jandy JXI gas heater 400 btu
- Jandy AquaPure SWG PLC 1400

thanks for looking!
Glen

Attachments

• pool markout.jpg
    pool markout.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 9
VSP for sure insist on it. Not to mention you probably will get utility rebates equal to or more than the additional costs.

VSP for sure insist on it. Not to mention you probably will get utility rebates equal to or more than the additional costs.
Thanks, I looked into it but I do not believe there is a rebate in NJ or least with my provider but I didn't dig that deep either. He was going to look into it to see how it would work w/ the infloor system as they don't typically install them w/ the system. I know it is mostly material as the labor should be the same but would would be the ball park to go up to a VS? - thanks

Thanks, I looked into it but I do not believe there is a rebate in NJ or least with my provider but I didn't dig that deep either. He was going to look into it to see how it would work w/ the infloor system as they don't typically install them w/ the system. I know it is mostly material as the labor should be the same but would would be the ball park to go up to a VS? - thanks

A couple hundred more. My rebate in MD was $400. I have to believe they have a rebate for you. Search your electric company's website for "efficient appliance upgrade". With a SWG it is great to have a VSP since you run it on very low speed just enough to activate the SWG flow switch. Even just a little slower reduces the electric usage a LOT. See my chart below. That is for a Jandy VSP 2.7 HP. I think also that a 2 speed pump takes an extra relay in your control center. VSPs only need one.

vsp-costs.jpg

Reactions: glenpod
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.