Update - Water In - Final pieces remain South Jersey Build

Thanks! Just redid the deck and then will
Do pavers!
fd20a7155fb95c90795faa8f2280d119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just catching up on your thread, you posted a message a page or so ago about your dogs not being able to swim in vinyl pool. I was wondering why not, my dog does fine in my pool and it is vinyl, you can see him in my profile pic to the left.. (the only issue was teaching him to always use the steps and not climb out the side)

It's hard to see pic but it looks like you have white steps. If so that's apparently a much better option than my entry which is vinyl covered tanning ledge with steps. So the pool company says if they use ledge to get up and scratch vinyl it could rip :(

What sort of dogs do you have, have you tried letting them swim to see if there is an issue? I suspect the only time they are likely to scratch is if they panic or get too excited. As you can see in the photos I have a fairly large dog even though he was the runt from his litter (120 pounds), and the only problem we have with him and the pool is if he wants to get out in a hurry and jumps out the side of the shallow end then has to try to climb with his hind legs, even then he has yet to tear the vinyl. I must admit though with a new liner I would probably be more worried as it is mine is getting closer to time to change the liner which is now 12 years old, of course the dog is now 8 also.

Ike

We have a chocolate lab, about 90 pounds who has swam twice - only because he fell in [emoji3]. He was really heavy to get out and didn't seem to want to stay in - which is weird because he loves water.

We also got a rescue dog this year (collie, rott, lab). He was scared but he was only 3 months at the time.

Our sister adopted a catahula leopard and Pyrenees mix who loves the pool. She goes in via a big float and swims back on it to get out avoiding the ledge and bench.

I guess I'm nervous bc the only way to know for sure is for us to try and it to rip - :(

Yeah, that's a tough call. I see over and over on here where people don't have problems. But...it just seems logical that there would be given the amount of nails I hear on our house laminate floors. Could also be our lack of keeping up on the nail trimming too. [emoji15]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Exactly - would love to have them in the pool but the risk doesn't seem worth it! Thank you, waiting on weather to thaw to finish pavers under the deck and get everything cleaned up. Pretty excited! Summer can't come soon enough!

Exactly - would love to have them in the pool but the risk doesn't seem worth it!

I agree. I have a small dog (peek a poo so I'm told) and he is not interested in coming in the water (but walks the coping once in a while). I'd rather not have him swim if he's not interested.

Also, I have to ask...how do you like the daybed? I'm leaning heavily toward buying one this spring. Thank you, Chris

Last edited:
Chris I love my day bed!! We got a great deal at Frontgate and the kids and adults use it to stay away from
The sun or just get a quick rest!!

So we finally finished the backyard. Deck demolished, new one built and pavers complete. Here are some
Pictures.

450c2e9d62990a7d1b5ec645c17e949b.jpg

bcc1f053f463244f47efaa95ce0976a1.jpg
325794b0950bf288b233136c10512bda.jpg
e47a9521f54e951ed680014ca5127d54.jpg
42e79f8cf805bd06cbe97df927aecac4.jpg
2394def66ca60c064aea799d026f5780.jpg
dcbdccfe633aebba057fc141192c4e04.jpg

Looks awesome! I'm sure it feels good to know that you just need to wait for warm weather (no big projects left to go through).

Funny that I'm reading this today. My daybed from Frontage is being delivered this afternoon. Too bad I'll need to keep it in the garage for another month.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.