Update! Plaster done and filling! N.C. Build

Plaster got acid washed and is filling now at ~27 gal/min!

Pebblesheen Blue Prism with 30% blue glass blend

View attachment 167219View attachment 167220View attachment 167221View attachment 167222View attachment 167223View attachment 167224
Looking really good
How exciting

looks like you didn’t have much debris drop in the pool while finishing or filling ?

spa fill up looks nice - I bet you are looking forward finished color after balancing

Q: what pebbletek material did you reference that showed Prism slightly darker than Granite ?

Looking really good
How exciting

looks like you didn’t have much debris drop in the pool while finishing or filling ?

spa fill up looks nice - I bet you are looking forward finished color after balancing

Q: what pebbletek material did you reference that showed Prism slightly darker than Granite ?
If you download the pebbletec brochure and scroll to Pebblesheen it looks like it’s in the category with the other darker colors albeit the lightest of the darker colors. Could be wrong though just a guess.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have not, my plan was to buy a rectangular one and trim if necessary
I thought the same
You’ll need to keep me posted with how that works out
Did you install anchors for it to hook into as I would imagine it would need to be really tight so it didn’t sag and the net be small webbing so debris didn’t fall through
I’ve searched and haven’t seen to many people post how to’s without the cover underneath

I have not put any anchors in.

Funny enough our plaster guy said pebble tec simply doesn’t play by the same rules as normal plaster. He said he wouldn’t hesitate to put a robot in the pool.

It makes sense to me, the plaster dried for 24 hours, got buffed, acid washed and then pressure washed. You would think the pressure wash would deform the surface if it was still vulnerable but what do I know lol.

Just using common sense...I used my robot after 10 days...I can see no way the robot wheels could damage the pebble surface after a few days of curing. Now that I've run the robot like 7 times already, there are no wheel marks anywhere in the pool

Here at TFP we give out "general" info and let you pick and choose what works for you and your pool. If your research shows something different then we leave it up to you to decide what to do. We know there are outliers.

Yes, pool is looking good. Pool rep came out today to clean the sheer descents and do the pool school. His job was pretty easy considering I have learned so much from this site!

I will post some more worthy pics tomorrow.View attachment 168012
Looks GREAT 👍
You are starting to convince me around Prism - I know it has specks of green in the pebble and wasn’t sure what that did the the final color finish - looks very blue to me - light version of Ocean

love your stone as well - I very much lean towards natural stone finishes especially in a natural yard with trees etc

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.