Up to my ears in dirt

May 25, 2017
Louisa,Va
Well I posted a couple questions before about leveling the ground and pavers. Well I started digging for the pavers yesterday and it is NOT level AT ALL! I have been doing all he work by myself with a shovel and I just can't do it anymore. it's just to much. I finally contacted someone to come in with a skidsteer and laser level to do that job. I wish I had just don't this from the beginning. it would be up by now. only probably is, this is going to dip into the money to have it filled so now I will have to wait another week or 2 before I can get the water truck out. I'm hoping the guy doesn't charge me very much. I am definitely going to need help when I set up the pump/filter and swg though. Being a single mom sucks sometimes and this is one of those times. would love to have some help.

I did my 18' pool myself but most the of the ground was level and only required a small amount of digging which was still a lot when doing it by hand. Upgrading to 22', I paid a landscaper to dig up with a loader and laser level and haul off the clay dirt. Well worth the money.

You will need help setting up the pool and getting the bottom wrinkles out, but setting up the pump and swg is the really easy part.

I am right there with you. I "leveled" our yard and spent hundreds on materials and countless hours on labor. Once up the pool was 3 inches off. I ended up having a contractor come in this weekend and tell me it was 5" off all together and did it for half of what I'd already spent. Sometimes pride and our DIY sens get the best of us. I now have almost half of my blocks buried and hope to have the pool up by the end of the week.

Are you talking about it digging into money that you were going to use to have it filled with water? Try contacting your local fire department - around here ours will do it for a donation. Much less than paying a water service!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.