daisylubob

Jun 1, 2020
Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool is up!! It does not leak, pump works, the water is clean and clear, it is not hard to take care of at all. It is about 1" off level. My
plan is to take it down this fall, fix the ground, and put it back up in the spring. At that time, I'd like to build a little deck w/ stairs, and finish the edges w/ stone. I have read that landscape fabric is best to use underneath, so water does not pool. I am uncertain how to do the stone edging. Does the stone go under the fabric on the ground, or on top of the fabric with the fabric folded up against the pool? Do I need to dig down around the edges a few inches, so water drains? And what goes around the outside of the rocks on the grass side? Plastic edging, lumber, nothing? I love my pool!!!!!!!!1

Attachments

• IMG_4355[796].JPG
    IMG_4355[796].JPG
    559.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4356.JPG
    IMG_4356.JPG
    652.3 KB · Views: 23
Congrats! Looks like you did a fine job. :goodjob: Landscape fabric can go either way, but I'd probably just leave it under so I could see the paver stone. The stone can sit on the ground or be set-in a bit flush with the ground. I've seen it either way and we're only talking about an inch or so. Edging around the pool is a personal choice as well. I've seen many variations. Just Google until you go nuts or look at the many completed builds here for ideas. Either way you have plenty of time to figure it out. You have about 2 months remaining, so enjoy. :swim:

I edged right up against the pool for an inside order to keep pebbles away from liner, then edged again about a foot out. Used the cheap black yard edging. Then landscape cloth between the two edges, then beach pebbles on top of cloth.

After the fiasco starting out, I am happy with it. It will be fun to do the little upgrades next year. A friend suggested using the landscape river rock around my house, and replacing that with mulch. Probably would be less expensive. Should landscape cloth be used as a ground cover instead of plastic or a tarp under the pool? How many times can I rinse the filter and reuse before I replace it w/ a new one? I finally got a real cover too!

I used a heavy duty tarp under mine. Word of warning - mulch tracks everywhere, including into the pool.

Can’t help with the cartridge question!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.