Unsure about my salt testing

ah yeah ok, I though it had another name. The test you do 30 minutes after sunset and chemical add and before sunrise

Yup. Dose in the evening and mix well before confirming you magic #. Protip: if you leave the pump on overnight it saves a half hour of sleep in the AM because that needs to be mixed well too.

yeah, once I get my CYA level proper, I'm off to doing that. But since I always have lot's of tree stuff in my pool, it will never be that stable. I got a lots of big trees and cedar hedge. Everyday is a full pool cleanup because of that. I can't wait to have my robot.

As for my vial, I flush them twice with faucet water when I'm doing with them and then once with pool water before the testing. Should be good

You're handicapped with your availability, and I get that. :hug: But with reliable testing and an OCLT as proof the battle is over with said reliable testing, you only need to SLAM once.

only reason I slammed a second time was because I forgot I had remove all CH generation (removed tab and stopped CWG) which dropped me at 0 CH for some days. Didn't wanted to take any chance, I slammed back