Uneven diamond brite replaster

quentin_1

Gold Supporter
Jun 28, 2013
New Jersey
Hello everyone,
I just had my pool replastered - used the Diamond Brite white color for a classic look/ wanted to replicate what I had before. (I had a white plaster and not diamond brite tho)
The job was done on Friday. i have balanced the water on Saturday - ph was high, ta low, but nothing major. I have brushed twice a day.
I am concerned as the pool surface looks worse than the old surface, with streaks and spots all around the pool. It is very uneven color wise.
This really bothers me to the point of stressing me out.
Does this go away somehow? Or is this a sign of a bad job?
Any advice would be appreciated. I still have to pay the other half of the payment so will talk to my contractor tomorrow - I dread having to redo the whole pool again?

thanks.

Attachments

• C34CE209-324D-40F0-BAC6-FAD43D5256BD.jpeg
    C34CE209-324D-40F0-BAC6-FAD43D5256BD.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 80
  • A9202F32-7717-48AF-AC37-DC038422955C.jpeg
    A9202F32-7717-48AF-AC37-DC038422955C.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 79
  • B984704A-AC5B-43D3-8188-580D5D83DE83.jpeg
    B984704A-AC5B-43D3-8188-580D5D83DE83.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 80
Hi, welcome to TFP! Did you builder give you plaster start up instructions, or will they be coming to manage pool start up? I'll ask a couple of our experts for their opinion.
@JamesW @jimmythegreek
Thanks!
yes, the builder came Saturday and showed me how to brush. Also he started up my pool filter and told me to balance the water. I went to the store and had the water tested - ph was 8.4 and ta was low at 3. I added baking soda and muriatic acid later to correct. The water looks super clean, too.

You really should be testing your own water with a quality kit. Ive never seen an accurate pool store result. Anyway that does look a little mottled. You will have some regardless with diamond brite it's the nature of it. Did you have classic white plaster previous to this?

You really should be testing your own water with a quality kit. Ive never seen an accurate pool store result. Anyway that does look a little mottled. You will have some regardless with diamond brite it's the nature of it. Did you have classic white plaster previous to this?
Thanks! Yes, I had the plain white plaster before. What my contractor told me today when he came is that my pool is still curing and the final result will be white with small blueish sparkles in it. So it won’t be a smooth white surface I am used to but rather something different compared to white plaster. I guess I should gave tried to see the look of it before I agreed? Too late now. I do hope it comes out ok. I will be fine if it’s uniform look vs mottled or patchy look.
I do have the recommended test kit but I always check my own results with the pool store results.

Thanks! Yes, I had the plain white plaster before. What my contractor told me today when he came is that my pool is still curing and the final result will be white with small blueish sparkles in it. So it won’t be a smooth white surface I am used to but rather something different compared to white plaster. I guess I should gave tried to see the look of it before I agreed? Too late now. I do hope it comes out ok. I will be fine if it’s uniform look vs mottled or patchy look.
I do have the recommended test kit but I always check my own results with the pool store results.
Hey curious how this turned out for you? Mine has similar issues (3 weeks old) but is getting better. PB offered to do a drain and acid wash once the summer is over

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.