Under Layers for Intex - need advice

Sep 7, 2016
Inola, OK
I am still gathering everything to get the Intex 26' x 52" set up soon. Ground guy supposed to level the spot in 2 weeks (this is pond repair season here in cattle country).
Anyway, until this morning I planned to purchase and put down the anti fatigue mats and tape with Gorilla tape. I purchased the tape. I just saw an ad for a home close-out store with a bargain price for 1/2" foam insulation sheets. They are the kind with shiny foil-like barriers on both sides. Would that stuff work?

I bought the same kind thinking that's what everyone was talking about. I bought the PolyPro ESP insulation foam. Hope it's right for the price!
On another note... I'm still battling my pavers! Ive decided to go with the "retaining wall" pavers in the full circle, using the water level (thank you

Richard!!! (it magically hit send!) ugh. Anywho... I'm running into the same ole confusion about the layering I guess
So I have the area leveled. Pavers near leveled to ground level.
Then...
Foam board? Over or cut out for the pavers?
Gorilla pad!
And I am so not messing with a tarp that becomes a mosquito breeding ground in a week!

54cfa0737b0de1246a3277fc2e7978ba.jpg

Quick update...
I FINALLY got all the pavers (I used the 4x12" retaining wall bricks) level (thanks to my trusty water level "thank you Richard!")
Although with 5 left... I dropped one of the stones on my foot... OUCH!
After the wonderful ER visit, I was back to work! Brace and all!
Got them all level
Backfilled with the dirt sand mix that I'd dug out for the pavers
Rained last night so I'll I'll go out today and see how it all settled in and add backfill where it's needed!
QUESTION!
I purchased a gorilla pad and am using the foam boards for the first time this year!
Does the layers go
Sand foam board gorilla pad?
Also, I've read that some put the foam board over the pavers, some cut them out for the legs! I'd rather not have to cut other than trimming around the corners.
Does anyone with a round agp have any pics?
Thanks y'all, I've read through the forums a million times, just not grasping it! Ugh
5010bc92d44a605e5944a7a277199af4.jpg
e7a385fcd8987aeb0b9f5817412c61e1.jpg

Quick update...
I FINALLY got all the pavers (I used the 4x12" retaining wall bricks) level (thanks to my trusty water level "thank you Richard!")
Although with 5 left... I dropped one of the stones on my foot... OUCH!
After the wonderful ER visit, I was back to work! Brace and all!
Got them all level
Backfilled with the dirt sand mix that I'd dug out for the pavers
Rained last night so I'll I'll go out today and see how it all settled in and add backfill where it's needed!
QUESTION!
I purchased a gorilla pad and am using the foam boards for the first time this year!
Does the layers go
Sand foam board gorilla pad?
Also, I've read that some put the foam board over the pavers, some cut them out for the legs! I'd rather not have to cut other than trimming around the corners.
Does anyone with a round agp have any pics?
Thanks y'all, I've read through the forums a million times, just not grasping it! Ugh
5010bc92d44a605e5944a7a277199af4.jpg
e7a385fcd8987aeb0b9f5817412c61e1.jpg

83636469be8de552dea00f9de485ea85.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow, the brace and foot pic, hope you get better soon! I wish my spot looked as good as yours! Someone will be along to give you the right layers!

Ha! Yes! It's a for sure battle wound! Lol. And thanks. I'm going into my 8th year with a 15' - you'd think I'd have it set by now! Lol
I battle the back of the yard being higher than towards the house... so getting rain water to drain and not pool or flood my house is always a challenge!
b19502011d3d6d9051e8f1399e589927.jpg

Ok... after much frustration... I have purchased the correct foam board and I am taping the seams with gorilla tape!
This is the board I bought https://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/insulation/insulation-panels/owens-corning-reg-foamular-reg-extruded-polystyrene-insulation-1-x-4-x-8-r-5/p-1444450501528-c-5779.htm?tid=7809014816739160440!!
I purchased 6 boards for my 15' pro series AGP... and it doesn't cover the whole area!!! [emoji35]
Soooo... I'll hobble back and spend the rest of my life's saving on more board! [emoji31]! I'm soooo over it!

Ok... after much frustration... I have purchased the correct foam board and I am taping the seams with gorilla tape!
This is the board I bought https://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/insulation/insulation-panels/owens-corning-reg-foamular-reg-extruded-polystyrene-insulation-1-x-4-x-8-r-5/p-1444450501528-c-5779.htm?tid=7809014816739160440!!
I purchased 6 boards for my 15' pro series AGP... and it doesn't cover the whole area!!! [emoji35]
Soooo... I'll hobble back and spend the rest of my life's saving on more board! [emoji31]! I'm soooo over it!

22ca499ee3edcb046e4324f5321ee4a0.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.