Under Construction - Tomball, TX

I like pics!

And for an update...

The cleanup crew showed up this last Friday to clean the mountain of garbage and debris out of the back yard. Landscapers showed up today. It's finally starting to look like a regulation back yard again. I'm getting an expensive lesson in the extras that come at the end. I knew these things would be there but just didn't figure they'd cost so much. My PB put two pallets of sod in my contract with additional pallets at $295. Of course 2 pallets doesn't begin to cover what I need. That did about half of the back yard area that needed sod. I never counted on the front side yard needing sod. The constant traffic of people, machinery, and equipment has killed the grass in my front side yard. Not to mention the cut sprinkler zone to that area. And it's compacted down harder than concrete. I made a deal with the landscape company for 4 pallets of sod for that area at $250 a pallet. That includes them tilling up the soil and removing the dead grass. So I'm in for at least $1000 for sod there and probably another $500 to finish the back yard. To run new sprinkler lines and fix those that were cut is another $1800. We're not even into landscaping yet. Just getting yard back to "normal."

It was mostly cut electrical lines for the sprinklers. They actually preserved the pipe running under my decking. Sprinkler guys said they would use it if I wanted but if there is unknown damage and a leak that wouldn't be good. So I told them to go ahead and run new pipe as well.

I agree with you! I was too scared of the cost to restore my yard after I installed my pool so I actually asked all the pool builders to include in the quote the cost to restore my yard. Most of them had a cow about it saying they don't ever do that and won't give me a contract. Except for one and that was the one I liked the design the most so it was perfect. In my contract is to restore all grass and my sprinklers back to a working state. The funny thing is they are grumbling about it now but it is in my contract. The head of construction is getting on the sales guy because he underestimated the amount of grass needed by half. Fortunately most of my sprinklers still work except for 2 zones around the pool and one sprinkler head that needs to be moved. So they were careful about that.

Part of my thinking is they'll tear up less of the yard if they have to fix it and I think that is true. They really have minimized how much grass is torn up.

Knowing my PB I could have gotten him to include it in the contract but he'd pad it by doubling what he thought it might cost him just to be on the safe side. I figure this way I'm only paying for the work I really need done. Still stings though!

Things are pretty much wrapped up. PB still has some minor things to take care of but the major work is complete. Here are a few pics.

ER7A7579.JPG

ER7A7583.JPG

ER7A7587.JPG

ER7A7588.JPG

ER7A7595.JPG

IMG_4220.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A couple of years and you won't be able to see the fence or most of the houses. Another couple and you won't see the houses at all.
I planted bamboo down the side of our place 6 yrs ago. It is now a 25' tall wall of bamboo 6' deep.
Added some more plants 2 yrs ago and they are 15' tall now.

With the close proximity to the pool, you will get some skimming work out of them at certain times and their leaves are very strong, and will they block your skimmer quickly.
Not a big deal, they are totally worth it.

As long as it is a clumping variety, bamboo is great.
The running variety is the headache. Unless it is contained by concrete, it will pop up in the oddest places.

Our HOA discourages the use of bamboo but it does a great job of screening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have zero experience with Bamboo - Why would they discourage it? Is it really invasive? Or just because it gets so tall neighbors don't like it? We have trees, trees and more trees - but I am kinda wanting to tropical my back yard up!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.