Un covering

Russo221

Jun 8, 2016
Parlin , new Jersey
Ok so when I took my cover off the pool it looks like I have a hole in the cover so when I took it off a lot of dirt was ended up in the pool. Right now feeling the water up to the filter line once that happens do I start vacuuming or do I start slamming the pool?

We had clear water but lots of dirt in the pool this year too. I'm thinking that we need to put more clips around the cover as it was billowing up a lot this winter from winds. Probably blew in as it was good last fall. Any way, fill her up and add a couple gallons of chlorine. Then vaccuum as much of the dirt out. Clean the filter. If you notice any algea, then you can slam. Don't put your bubble cover on while slamming as it breaks down the plastic. When you can safely add your bubble cover, start heating up the pool so you can add CYA. You will lose tons of chlorine from the sun unless you do. I like a cya of 40.
Hope this helps!

Okay well it looks like I can't vacuum it today cuz it's going to get dark soon and the water has not come up to the level yet. It will get to the level tonight once that happens should I start running the filter even though I won't get to vacuum it or put anything in it till tomorrow?

Yes, begin running the pump so the water can mix overnight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.