Umbrellas

Zamsaf

May 2, 2018
Central fl
I have a new pool that is salt water. My builder told me if I put any umbrella in the pool that is not plastic it will rust from the salt. Is this true? I can't find any umbrellas for sunshelves that have plastic or pvc bases.

Any umbrella pole will rust in chlorinated water eventually as usually the inside of pole isn’t coated with protection. You can remove it daily or replace the submerged part of the pole w/ stainless or pvc for further protection.

we have an AG pool and we put our umbrella on the outside right next to the pool so it cast shade in the pool that might be an option if your pool and yard line up right

Thanks, but my question was wether something like this will rust in the pool.
We bought 2 of those umbrellas, it's a Crud shoot, one has a steel pole (9'), the other is aluminum (11'). Steel one definitely started to rusting after a few uses (removed each night), aluminum doesn't rust.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.