Ultra mineral control?

Ok, cool. I checked the manual for my SWG and it says if the salt is below 2600ppm it will flash up a light saying “check salt”. If it works the same as long as the minimum is met, then I’m good for now. A few more downpours once the Florida summer pop ups start and I’m guessing I’ll have to add some salt. I assume I should rely on the results from my Taylor kit, and not what the SWG says? (Right now the SWG says 3200 but I have tested using the Taylor kit several times in a row just to make sure I’m doing it right and it says 2800 every time).

In other words, if I wait until the SWG says “check salt”, it might be too late since it’s showing 400ppm higher than the Taylor kit says it is currently.

Your Hayward SWG only knows about it calculates and not the Taylor test.

Keep the Hayward SWG happy with its reading around 3000 ppm.

The problems happen when the Hayward salt reading is much lower then the Taylor test. That means the cell is failing.

Reactions: Scottamus
I’m not testing everything every day since it seems like I’d go through the chemicals very quickly for not much value.
That would be excessive. For routine testing, this is a good place to start:

Reactions: Scottamus
That would be excessive. For routine testing, this is a good place to start:

Yep, I’ve been following that for a few months now and it’s great! (I was just replying to someone who was like “so what is it?” - I don’t really know. It was 65 yesterday and I put in the recommended amount of stabilizer. I’m not going to test it again since I’m on a weekly test schedule for CYA :) )

Reactions: pjt