UGH!!! My pool is infested ...

I believe there's a post on here that has anecdotal evidence that Baquacil will repell those unicorns. Add a bit of that line cleaner stuff for baqua pools and the smell alone will probably repell just about everything - well, except for that white water mold you will inevitably "acquire".

Matt in a maidens costume - one just can't unsee that. :eek: :laughblue:

No offense but y'all, right @Texas Splash , suck
Ahhhhh, the dreaded YJs. I get popped every year. My son's car was parked for a few weeks while he was in basic training. They made a nest in the wheel well of his car. I got popped while innocently washing his car. We have an understanding in our pool. Land on the water, drink-up, and mind your own business, and no one gets hurt.

No offense but y'all, right @Texas Splash , suck
View attachment 158475

All kidding aside, you need some Skill It! It’s an algaecide (no copper) but who cares about that. It’s real appeal is as a wasp killer! It changes the surface tension of the water, so they can’t perch on top. They sink, and they drown! I add a couple of ounces every other week, starting in March. I have killed hundreds of them, and I think they shared the news, because I see far fewer of them now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
All kidding aside, you need some Skill It! It’s an algaecide (no copper) but who cares about that. It’s real appeal is as a wasp killer! It changes the surface tension of the water, so they can’t perch on top. They sink, and they drown! I add a couple of ounces every other week, starting in March. I have killed hundreds of them, and I think they shared the news, because I see far fewer of them now.
I wonder how it does with fire-ant royalty

A tablet floater, in Matt's pool?

CYA was low and I had trichlor tablets on hand....the extra acidity helps keep the pH in check while I'm slowly increasing my CYA and the extra chlorine keeps the FC higher than I normally run but still very swimmable. I do this every August because the heat and UV in June & July eats up my CYA. I lose ~ 15ppm/month which would be great if that was constant then I'd never have to worry about CYA build up. Usually by Sept my CYA is back up to 80ppm or so and it will stay nearly the same all winter long.

But the alpaca seems to like the tablet floater and follows it around all day....kind of like a dog with a tennis ball....

• Haha
Reactions: Mdragger88
CYA was low and I had trichlor tablets on hand....the extra acidity helps keep the pH in check while I'm slowly increasing my CYA and the extra chlorine keeps the FC higher than I normally run but still very swimmable. I do this every August because the heat and UV in June & July eats up my CYA. I lose ~ 15ppm/month which would be great if that was constant then I'd never have to worry about CYA build up. Usually by Sept my CYA is back up to 80ppm or so and it will stay nearly the same all winter long.

But the alpaca seems to like the tablet floater and follows it around all day....kind of like a dog with a tennis ball....

I assumed as much, kills 3 birds with one stone. My CYA is low as of my most recent test, pH is 8.... so instead of dumping jugs of chlorine and MA, I’m headed out to pick up some trichlor!

Just to keep everyone informed.. The CDC has released a study that indicates these are mainly spread by small children and doting mother's.... Special precautions should be taken when these individuals are poolside..

• Haha
Reactions: JoyfulNoise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.