Oklahoma City, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have a TriStar two speed pump that is currently wired to run in high speed only. I am not sure why the original owner did this, but that's how it is wired. Before I go tearing stuff up to re-wire the pump to the panel, I want to make sure the low speed side pump actually works. So, are there any issue with moving the L1 line (high speed) to the A terminal (low speed)? The only thing I am really unsure of is the pump starting in low speed (I have some confusion on windings/start-up/etc.) If this works, then I would really only need the low speed side of the motor, so I would probably leave it as is. Thoughts/opinions?

Can't help you with the specific wiring instructions for your pump (it should be on the Hayward web site). But you may need the high speed on your pump for priming, vacuuming, any water features, etc). There are wiring instructions on the internet for wiring a two speed pump using a 3-way 20 amp switch.

Moving the wire that's on the Hi-speed terminal to the low speed is essentially what a hi/lo speed switch does, so manually doing that is perfectly acceptable. And it's ok to leave it that way if all you ever want to run it is in low speed.

Moving the wire that's on the Hi-speed terminal to the low speed is essentially what a hi/lo speed switch does, so manually doing that is perfectly acceptable. And it's ok to leave it that way if all you ever want to run it is in low speed.
Fantastic...thanks for the input!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.