Greater Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am having my pool replastered and retiled....I have a couple of issues to go along with those jobs.

#1) one end of my pool over the years has settled to where one skimmer is about a inch higher than the other. In other words, when the pool level gets lower enough one skimmer can suck air while the other still has a good inch-inch and half of water. While they are replastering, is it possible to maybe make the one side skimmer opening deeper pool? I dont know how else to fix this issue.

#2)my spa light is out in my spa..it has never worked since ive had the house (over 11 years) I replaced the bulb once and it still didnt work and havent messed with it since....what are some good options the days both economically and looks wise for replacement?

It's a major job to fix a settled pool in regards to skimmer. If it's simply function you are worried about theres nothing short of an auto fill system to prevent sucking air. If your work included doing the decking you could reset the skimmer and then cheat the tile and coping to make it look level.
As far as the light goes the circuit and wiring would need to be tested. If the breaker is on and you changed the bulb already the cheap fix passed you by. I would be very careful with a faulty light. Not knowing the problem isn't good when you mix water and electricity. If you have DIY skills we can guide you to che king things if you post some pics of the electric panel and the light. Otherwise I'd have an electrician look at it asap or at least unhook the circuit until you deal with it properly

So the replaster guy made my skimmer on the one end of the pool about 1.5" deeper than the other side so as to keep both sides as close to equal as possible as to the water line. Hopefully this works.
as far as light, I didnt mess with it....when i turn my pool lights on it just doesnt come on and I guess I wont plan on messing with it....Are you saying it could be unsafe as it is now?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.