Silver Supporter
May 23, 2020
Dallas, GA, United States
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Okay looking for anyone's advice that may have had the same issue when raising their pH levels?

I added a 6 lb bag of pH up which is basically soda ash and one carton of baking soda which was another pound to get my pH up to the desired level based on the pool math calculations.

Our pool turned completely cloudy for three days and then we noticed the dust finally settle on the bottom. So I went out and I brushed the entire pool and it is now cloudy again. After brushing it again I backwashed the sand filter and put it on overnight so hopefully it can filter a lot of it out. But thinking if I don't see any major improvements I will just run the robot with the fine filters to hopefully pick up the leftover debris?

My guess is it's calcium that reacted with the soda ash and not just the pH up but I'm not sure? Looking for any experts opinions on if this has happened to you before and how you cleared the pool up, and / or if I should avoid vacuuming until I can get whatever the powder is to dissolve.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200630_181816.jpg
    IMG_20200630_181816.jpg
    618.9 KB · Views: 7
This happened to me as well. First house w a pool and the pH was 6.8. My water clouded as well as some iron stains. If I recall this happens from raising pH too quickly. No harm but does take a few days to clear up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.