Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
On the weekends or in the evening, let's say I turn on my heater when the pump would otherwise not be running. This makes my SWG run which increases my FC a variable amount that is hard to pin down. Is there really no way to control the SWG directly in Intellicenter scheduling? Ideally, I'd like to have the SWG on its own relay in intellicenter i.e. aux 2 so I can control when its on or off, allowing me to have the pump on without the SWG.

Matt,

There is no reason not to have your SWCG connected to an additional Aux relay if you want.

As long as it is still connected to the Pump/Filter relay, which is a safety device to prevent the SWCG from working when the pump is off.

Just jumper from the Load side of the Pump/Filter relay to the Line side of the new Aux relay, then take the two transformer wires that were going to the Pump/Filter relay and move them to the Load side of the new Aux relay.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Two assumptions: 1-You run the pump at the minimum recommended speed for the heater and IC40; 2-the IC40 is downstream from the heater. Those being true, why not have the IC40 running? Other than minimal additional wear, you're just making a little more chlorine. Presumably you're running the heater because you're using the pool, so a little more chlorine is probably a good idea.

Two assumptions: 1-You run the pump at the minimum recommended speed for the heater and IC40; 2-the IC40 is downstream from the heater. Those being true, why not have the IC40 running? Other than minimal additional wear, you're just making a little more chlorine. Presumably you're running the heater because you're using the pool, so a little more chlorine is probably a good idea.

B,

I agree with your post above...

My personal theory is... If the pump is running your should be making chlorine. :mrgreen:

Jim R.
For instance, if I have the pump set to run for 4 hours from 12-4pm - but I then turn on the heater from 4pm to 12am for a long Friday evening swim and hot tub get together, I have produced 3x that day's chlorine. If I do it for a few more days such as over the weekend - my FC is through the roof lol

Just trying to figure out the best way to make everything as stable as possible.

Just trying to figure out the best way to make everything as stable as possible.
It probably easiest just to shut it off for a day or three when you get a tad on the higher side. You’ll be regularly testing anyway so you’ll catch it in plenty of time before it runs away.

Mine laughed at the NY sunshine. I targeted 10, ran with 12 many times with ‘Meh, close enough’ and ‘Whoopsie’-d at 15.

Whatever life or the weather threw at the pool it was utter convenience to never even have to think about caring about approaching minimum FC.

I see your FC is pretty high. I'm not familiar with Intellicenter. Does it control the % of chlorine "on" for the IC40? It seems like you're generating a lot of chlorine for that run time. Mine is on now from 11am to 5:30pm at 20%, as I want it to be producing chlorine when the sun is on the pool. If FC drops (according to DPD powder test), I'll run the IC40 at 40% for a day or two. Can you manually set the pct. or does the Intellicenter do that?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.