Tube Heat Exchanger Setup

Aug 2, 2015
Columbus/Ohio
I keep blowing up my Hayward heat exchanger (2 complete new 350k NG units in 10 years & 1 heat exchanger replaced under warranty) and here we are again with another leak in the heat exchanger. Pool water chemistry has been well maintained. Learned my lesson on the first one.

I truly believe my issue is pure over use. I live in Ohio, its an inside pool keep at 85 year round. I was wondering if investing in a tube heat exchanger and a boiler would provide a better solution.

The pool room is heated through the floor with an existing boiler and the existing boiler has capability to run multiple temperatures for different sources.

Anyone using a tube heat exchanger? What size boiler? What brand tube exchanger? Any recommendations or thoughts?

A few past threads you may find interesting…

Are you running your pool using a single speed pump or a variable speed pump? It could be that your plumbing setup is such that the flow rate through the system is too high. Most modern pool heaters are designed to optimally run at around 40GPM. The more you exceed that flow rate the less efficient they are and the more likely they are to mechanically fail. If you post more information about your plumbing, pool equipment and typical system pressures, some folks may be able to help you out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.