Trying to identify Cal Hypo tablet

BigRobRN

Silver Supporter
Jun 14, 2015
Greenwell Springs, LA
I was given some Cal Hypo tablets by a friend a few months back. With the seasons changing and Trichlor tabs getting harder and harder to find and the price skyrocketing, I’m going to use some Cal Hypo tabs in my skimmer basket sparingly over the winter.
The ones I was given looked like an oversized marshmallow and dissolved very very slowly and left zero residue. I never got to see the original container they came in. They were about 3 inches tall, 2 inches in diameter and shaped like a cylinder.
I should have snapped a picture but did not.
Does anyone know who makes the cylinder shaped Cal Hypo tabs?

Are you absolutely positive those were cal-hypo tablets? There are trichlor tablets that fit that description, so you might want to get confirmation from your friend of the specific brand at least.

Reactions: BigRobRN
Attaching pics of the tablet with something like a soda can as a reference may let folks identify it.

Do you know who makes the big cylinder shaped marshmallow looking chlorine tablets?
Several manufacturers make longer chlorine sticks, but the ones I remember specifically that fit your description were HTH.

71LEI4RZnIL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Remember 📌
you never want to mix trichlor & cal hypo in the same apparatus.
they should have their own separate feeders. The residual left behind from one can cause an explosion if the other is introduced.

Remember 📌
you never want to mix trichlor & cal hypo in the same apparatus.
they should have their own separate feeders. The residual left behind from one can cause an explosion if the other is introduced.
That is correct. I only used them by themselves in a skimmer basket.
Can’t believe I was told they were CH sticks.
The way no residue was left behind I should have known.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.