Trying to figure how long to run pump? Plus CYA question.

Mar 26, 2017
Greenville SC
Hi! Thanks again for helping me turn my pool from a blue green cloud to clear to the bottom. I know that water turnover is over rated but I am still lost on trying to figure how long it would take my pump to complete one cycle with my pool. The pool is 18,800 gallons and the pump is a Hayward SP2610X15 1.5 hp pump. I'm at work so I cant find the exact model of the Hayward sand filter but it looks like most are based on their diameter and mine seems to be about 24 inches. PVC seems to be 1.5 inches, The variable I don't understand when looking at my manual is 'feet of head'. All I know is my sand filter and pump assembly and backwash valve are all relatively close to the pool-maybe 8 feet from at a corner of the decking on the deep end side. Can someone help me out here?

Hi! Thanks again for helping me turn my pool from a blue green cloud to clear to the bottom. I know that water turnover is over rated but I am still lost on trying to figure how long it would take my pump to complete one cycle with my pool. The pool is 18,800 gallons and the pump is a Hayward SP2610X15 1.5 hp pump. I'm at work so I cant find the exact model of the Hayward sand filter but it looks like most are based on their diameter and mine seems to be about 24 inches. PVC seems to be 1.5 inches, The variable I don't understand when looking at my manual is 'feet of head'. All I know is my sand filter and pump assembly and backwash valve are all relatively close to the pool-maybe 8 feet from at a corner of the decking on the deep end side. Can someone help me out here?
Are you just trying to figure this out as a math problem exercise?

I run my pump long enough to keep the debris clear, and move the heat from my solar system. I have no idea how much 'turnover' that is, nor am I concerned to know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.